Get a VAT number in the EU

VAT registration
You are here:

How do I obtain a VAT number in one of the 28 EU Member States?

Do you want to get a VAT number in the EU Member State? Do you conduct transactions that are taxed abroad? If so, you must obtain a foreign VAT number in the country where taxable transactions are conducted. In order to make sure that your transactions meet the conditions for receiving a VAT number, you can visit the official website of the administration authority of the relevant country, look for information on the website of the European Commission or contact us for a free-of-charge consultation.

In order to submit an application for registration and get a VAT number, you can go directly to the official website of the administration authority of the relevant country or ask for a tax representative or attorney. Eurofiscalis, as a representative, ensures that your registration for VAT purposes is quick and easy.

Representatives and attorneys are responsible for:

  • Carrying out a detailed analysis of invoices and transactions conducted,
  • Conducting an assessment of the tax situation in a given country,
  • Completing documentation and submitting registration applications for VAT purposes,
  • Preparing and submitting VAT and Intrastat declarations.
  • Representing the client at government offices, also in the event of tax inspection
  • They can carry out a detailed tax audit preventing inspection

Obtaining a foreign VAT number through a representative or attorney: how does it work?

By using the services of our specialists in matters of tax representation and attorney, you will be provided with comprehensive support during registration for VAT purposes abroad. After VAT registration, you are confident that the transactions are settled correctly and that VAT declarations are submitted correctly. Below are the four steps of procedure aimed at ensuring optimal service:

  • Completing information and analysing the situation

  • Registration and obtaining a foreign VAT number

  • Verification and posting of purchase and sales invoices

  • Submitting VAT and Intrastat declarations

Get a VAT number in the EU – description of the procedure:

Firstly, our VAT expert analyses the entire flow of goods and invoices in order to define all reporting obligations, followed by registration for VAT purposes on this basis. The second stage involves an in-depth verification of the tax documents to make sure that they are consistent and correct. Last but not least, VAT and Intrastat declarations are submitted within the specified time frame and at the relevant office. The documents are processed with the use of secure tools, due to which the cooperation runs smoothly.

Getting a foreign VAT number is necessary when conducting transactions that are taxed abroad. Cases in which registration for VAT purposes may be obligatory:

  • purchase, supplies of goods or export operations from another Member State
  • sale of goods abroad when one cannot use reverse-charge
  • storage of goods abroad
  • provision of services for entities not registered for VAT purposes or for private individuals (B2C)
  • exceeding mail order thresholds
  • foreign sale of products subject to excise duty

Should you have any questions regarding our services or if you would like to obtain an estimate, do not hesitate to contact us using the contact form or by sending an e-mail. Our expert will contact you to provide a free-of-charge consultation.

Ask for an estimate

We will be more than happy to answer your questions and make an offer

  • Free-of-charge estimate
  • Contact our expert
  • Simple and effective
  • Response within 48 hours
  • No obligations
  • Competitive prices
  • Tailor-made estimate
  • No hidden fees
  • Multilingual service